Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Thinking other than Architecture~



I'm thinking about something random these days. So many unexpected moments this year. I like imagining things but somehow it makes me feel both tired and happy.

I was waking up with different kind of feeling today~ Its like you are falling in love with something that you don't even know what. I'm dreaming something, but I can't even recall what it is. Strange feeling yet excitedly awesome~

Today, after I woke up with those kind of wonderful feeling, I decided to took train to my workplace. Riding train always give me a chance to read. Luckily, I got a seat and it was not even crowded. I found several interesting things from Peter Zumthor: Thinking Architecture.

Honestly, this is my first time reading this book out of my curiousity. I was reading it in my college years but only for assignment. I found it not as heavy as I remember when I was a freshmen. Actually, it is light reading material, yet deep and multi-interpreted. I found that in order to work, Peter Zumthor always using first person perspective:... I would choose material..., I see that..., I build something..., my work...etc. At first this would enhance my prejudice: architect is a self-centre people. All of things he decided are based on his memories, experiences, and knowledge. At the same time, he also admitted what he is lacking. Or what he regretted. He shows that he just human being. This book also the compilation of his writings which randomly connected to architecture. From nature, landscape, light, building, houses, to bikini.

I don't know what will I took from this book, but mostly I'm enjoying his writing as there are many of beautiful words written. Who's not enjoying morning train riding with a great and beautiful book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...