Friday, October 13, 2017

International Conference on Sustainable Architecture in Nusantara (INSAN 2017)


This time I want to share my story about INSAN 2017 and how I go to Malang for the 1st time~
INSAN 2017 is a conference held by architecture department of Universitas Brawijaya Malang and TU Wien supported by Nippon Paint. I sent my abstract and paper before June 2017 and got reviewed by the academician from those campuses. I write about how children could give suggestions to the planning by giving them chance to participate. I also write about how children's drawing could give information regarding to the idea about ideal environment by their version.


Honestly, I sent the revision paper later than the deadline. I know, my bad :"". Even my bestfriend, also the co-writer, Pia, always reminding me about that but I did not even know when to do the revision~
Until I have to go to Malang and attended the real event but I haven't had my presentation done.
I'm working on the presentation at the train for about 15 hours. On economy train. :""



After we arrived at the Malang station, we even did not bother to use GrabCar or GoCar. We just hop on the local angkot. Our capsule hotel is nearby, it only takes less than 8 minutes from station. We just checked-in to get shower and go to the Atria Hotel for the conference.
It was bigger venue than I imagined. Even compared to S.ARCH HongKong, this venue was so much better, with almost all of seats occupied. I never have presentation in this big stage before. I just make my presentation script while all of key speaker performed to open the conference. 

I supposed to perform at 15.30. But then I have to got into the stage at 13.30. Wow~~
The speaker before me was a master student from Australia who was talking about architecture critique of modern building in Indonesia. I never did any paper about critics of architecture so it was new experience for me. I was thinking all the time: Is it okay if we critics the architecture this way? Because I always careful when comparing one to another projects. 

My presentation was so different from other as I have so much colors in my slides. I can't help, because I was talking about children's drawings. While doing this paper and presentation, I always thinking about my experiences in Sama Bahari village, so nostalgic! I was thinking about doing research about urban and children, so thats why I eager to make this presentation as interesting as I could. 

A moment when they announced the best presenter and best paper, what I was doing at that time is chewing my cookie while I had my coffee break. When they mention my name, I almost chocked. I was walking to the stage with mouth full of the cake. Blaahh

Pia, who was still in prayer room at that time, only laughing while she enter the room without knowing why I have to stand in front of all the people, shaking hand with the Head of Committee. 
Unforgetttable moment yet, silly. You would not know my struggle to chew my cake while walking to the stage :""D

 

And here is my presentation~ hope it could be inspiration for you who have the same interest with me~ feel free to discuss~ also if you want to know how to go toWakatobi Island or have a plan to stay with Bajau people, I also open for that information~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...