Sunday, November 27, 2016

World Culture Forum

World Culture Forum 2016 is an event held by Indonesian Ministry of Culture and Education which gather scholars and activists from world representative to make concrete action towards inclusive and sustainable planet. Fully supported by UNESCO, as an Indonesian I'm so proud that our country took the initiative to make the world aware about the importance of culture as the key to the better world. It's such an honour for me to attend the second WCF as the follow up for Bali Promise in WCF 2013. The symposiums was really great, consist of the experiences from various local initiatives shared by inspiring speakers~



Well, at first I'm not really hope that my paper would be choosen among others, but I prepared for the application carefully. I read the instructions, what the aim of the theme that I want to apply. I make some points that somehow, helped me alot to bring the paper and my motivational essay to their target.

I was really excited to go to Bali again since ARCASIA student Jamboree in 2012. The venue took place in Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center. This event was fully funded, and I really grateful they covered accommodation, transportation and our lunch to dinner. There are several problems found at first. I almost couldn't get my hotel room because of the committee's fault. But later the event was really great so it doesn't really matter.



Meet Satoko Kishimoto, one of speaker from symposium: Water for Life, Reconciling Socio-Economic Growth and Environmental Ethics. She shared her experience with her community to make water profitable for all, without even selling the water itself. Her presentation makes me aware about our rights about water. All of people should get water for free, as our basic needs. She give the example from Jakarta's issue about water. Maybe we already used to buy fresh water from company, but it will bring a lot of bad impacts to our society. We should make some initiative to increase awareness about water justice. Click on this link to see her profile https://www.tni.org/en/bio/satoko-kishimoto






Meet Shadia Marhaban, Harvard graduates from Aceh. I was awe by her speech in symposium: "Reconciling State, Community, and Cultural Divides" about world peace. Aceh gave a lot of valuable experience in her life, the two of them are Aceh tsunami and GAM conflict. She was the only woman to actively participate in the GAM negotiating team at the 2005 peace negotiations in Finland, which ended the conflict in Aceh. She said that Aceh is a big laboratory of world peace. After all of the uncomfortable moments, Aceh was really grateful for accepting helps from a lot of people in this world. Now she is working as international mediator, national consultant for UN women in Indonesia, and consultant of female involvement for NGO in southeast Asia region. Inspired by her story, I wish I could be like her, a woman who can give strong influence not only in her hometown, but also across the regions. She is really pretty in real life, you will immediately awestruck by her awesomeness.


 My favorite Major everrrrr~

Salutee to Mr Ridwan Kamil as architect and as the community leader.
He explained about happiness factor of citizen. He is simply want to make his community as happy as always by making them involved in almost all of the city projects. He also rebuild public facilities and knowing the importance of parks as oase in the middle of city. Once he was asked about the meaning of a leader and how a leader should position himself. He answered: " A great leader is a person who can see the best potential in their team. Remember, team not a worker, so we have to put ourself as a leader in the middle of system and strongly push the society to be their best and give their best work."



Meet Shahbaz Khan, a director and representative of UNESCO in Indonesia who have a really humble personality~
"You should say that you take photo with Shakrukh Khan, because I'm as handsome as him" and yes, he is really funny~
His speech as discussant of Symposium 3 : Interweaving History, Urban Space and Cultural Movement was outstanding as well~


So overall, this forum talked about how important to keep our culture and to be implemented in our life. Culture will bring us to many form of sustainable living. By preserving our culture, we could keep our environment, keeping world peace, rule our economy, empowering our human resources, and to bring diversity to the next level of understanding.

In the end, this forum  urge UNESCO member states and wider civil society to commit themselves to protect culture as our biggest investation for the next generation. This will produce wide variety of activities that involve society participation as well as young generation to imply tradition and ingenious value to bring our world to inclusive and sustainable environment

You can see the Bali Declaration HERE


Here it is~ the photos I got from the event~ 
Most of them capture from culture carnival~ 





Meet Janisha, chekoslavia dancer who have the brightest smile~ I took a lot of her photos because everything looks great with her in my frame. Even Jakarta Post Newspaper featuring her photo as headline. I'm fangirling everytime she smile.


Greatly thankss to Aruuum~ the former of Pengajar Muda (I always being pengajar muda's great fan and sometimes can't believe to find them as my friend) because she approached me first when I was in Kampung Inggris Pare. And of courseee Piak, my company in any condition~ Lets make another adventure in the future. Its rare to find bestfriend and best travel friend at the same time~ 



Meet Pak Wardiman Djojonegoro, former Minister of Education and Culture from 3 different era. It is such an honour to accidentally bump on him, thanks to Mbak Fia Cwethyy hhee~ He is really humble and the way he talks remind me of my grandfather~ He wrote his own biography book and now still in the process of roadshow selling his masterpiece.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...